Welcome to Art Exploration!
During our artventures, we will…
Sculpt in clay!
- Shape basic forms (cups and bowls) out of clay using a coil, slip and hatching method.
- Integrate these techniques for working with clay into free sculpture, whose forms can be taken from life or the imagination.
Paint in acrylic on a range of supports!
- Create both outrageous and common colors using red, yellow and blue paint and your knowledge of color theory.
- Learn brush techniques, how to wield a palette knife, and how to mix desired colors directly on your palette paper.
- Make a take-home color charts so you can keep track of relationships between primary, secondary, and complementary colors.